Friday, September 23, 2011

Bathing in Pajamas


Some days are just like that. You get one dressed all warm, hair combed, new diaper, and she sneaks by you to jump back in with her sister.

After the day (week? month?) I have had, my first thought would be to scream. Not in a good way. Thankfully, that lasted about .00001 seconds. The next thought was to laugh. Then get my phone to snap a picture, of course. In retrospect, this little act by a clueless child (clueless because she really had no idea that getting into a tub while fully dry may not be the best idea), reminded me to chill out.

I have been feeling like a fish swimming upstream for a few days, never quite being able to catch up. This reminds me that it is not my time or my agenda. Yes, I make the plans and create the agenda for the day, but, really, it is just a guideline. So what if we want to deviate and draw on our hands for an hour, or jump back into the bathtub. I am pretty sure my children, and me, will remember the laughs, hugs and cuddles, not the clean floor or the organized bookshelf. Don't get me wrong (I feel like I say that a lot), I will continue to obsess about the 'stuff', and it truly does feel good to be immersed in a clean organized space, but it feels better when my daughter looks at me and says she loves me and this was the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment