Friday, February 4, 2011

Single Mom with Lunch Bags, will travel.

For about 12 more hours. My Husband hightailed it down south in an effort to combat the winter blues. From the sound of it, it is working. Everyone has been asking when it is my turn to take off, but, honestly, I dig winter and I love being home. So maybe some one can just come and take my kids for 5 days? Anyone?
I am used to having Friday nights sans hubby and I have come to really enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I like it when he is gone. Just kidding. I love spending time with him, but on Friday nights, the girls and I usually eat popcorn and watch a movie. Then they go to bed and I have TV control and spread laundry out on the floor to fold. Good times. Tonight though, I am sick of my kids so I did not sit with them to watch a movie. I honestly could not sit by them because they were driving me nuts. One night a week is one thing, but 4 is a bit much.  God I am spoiled.
So while they zoned out to the TV, I did some appliqué cutting and ironing. Ahem, can I get a what what?!
I have these snack sacks (32 years old and the word sack still makes me giggle) all ready to go. Now I just need to figure out what to line them with. They will be used to hold food, so I am wanting to go chemical free. Ridiculously difficult to do. If I want it water-resistant/proof, then my only real option is to use PEVA material. But, even that is not proven safe. I can just use muslin, but then it can stain. PEVA material is impossible to find, Muslin is everywhere. PEVA can just be wiped down and laundered occasionally, muslin may have to be washed more often. So, Mr/s. Chemical Engineer? I want either a single ply, water resistant/proof, food safe material or a product I can spray/paint/dip other fabric into to be water resistant/proof and food safe. Get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment