Monday, October 17, 2011

I am Famous.

I had another I-should-not-be-doing-this kinda day. But then two super cool things happened.
First, I had lunch with an old friend. She is actually my cousin (of sorts, granddaughter of my grandmother's sister. I don't know why I am explaining it. I also do not know why I keep explaining...). We had a great talk and, even though we did not talk specifically about my business, I left feeling more encouraged. Something about talking with another Mom who is honest about the struggles and joys of motherhood, marriage and working makes me feel I have people. You know, like, these are my people kind of people. It is a good feeling.

Then, as I got back to my makeshift work space at my Father's office, I got an email from a woman I did consulting work for. She is an uber public relations rock star who, among other things, blogs really smart shit (I know that makes me sound super smart. Thanks). Her email said she "badmouthed" me in her blog, but linked to my page.
Awesome. Just as I was starting to feel better. So I, with hesitation, went to her post.
Allow me to just show you...go here.
You can go now. Or later. But then the next stuff might be confusing. But feel free to skip this vital step, it may become clear as you read. Sort of. Just warning you.

Faith in me...restored.

In addition to the blog and sewing, I also do media research contracting. It is interesting work that I not only understand, but I am pretty good at it. But, after my third child, I have not done much, just a few hours here and there.
I am so honored that Bonnie not only views me and my peers this way, but actually took the time to write about it. There are no words to explain how nice it is to have someone believe in you, especially when you do not believe in yourself. It has lit another fire.

Please, God, let me continue to do something with that fire!

Thank you Bonnie!

No comments:

Post a Comment